Skip to content

Renters Insurance

from Crescenta Valley Insurance

Renters Insurance

If you live in an apartment, you benefit from not paying any property taxes. There’s no need to schedule lawn cutting or snow or withered leaves removal either.

But it’s not all rosy if you are renting an apartment, home, or even a college dorm in California. 

For example, if your apartment is broken into, a fire accident occurs, or a major pipe bursts, you need insurance to recover your losses in terms of your personal property. Having renters’ insurance will provide you with the protection that your landlord’s policy won't.

A Smart Move

Getting renters’ insurance is a smart option that can provide the protection you need from financial losses related to theft or burglary, water backup damage, certain natural disasters, and more.

And although there is no legislation making renters’ insurance mandatory in California, some landlords may ask if you have it before they allow you to live in their building. Renters’ insurance is a beneficial cover to have since your landlord’s insurance won’t compensate you for any damage to your personal belongings, even when there is a fire, accident, or burglary.

If your 20-year-old couch gets drenched and ruined because of a burst pipe, you'll be happy to know that renters' insurance in California includes personal property replacement cost coverage. With this insurance policy, you'll have enough money to buy a brand new couch.

Factors that Affect a Renters’ Insurance Rate

While there is no fixed insurance rate, insurance companies refer to the factors below in determining the average cost of renters’ insurance.

  • Location: State and ZIP code
  • Coverage: Type of coverage and how much personal property and liability protection you want to protect your space and personal belongings
  • Deductible: How much money you choose to pay out of pocket

Although the state mostly experiences sunshine and warm weather, California experiences earthquakes and wildfires periodically. A typical renters’ insurance policy usually covers damage resulting from fire, rain, or wind. However, any earthquake-related damage usually requires an additional policy.

Protect Your Belongings with Renters’ Insurance

Whether you own a laptop, smartphone, or flat-screen TV, these items and other valuables are important, so you should shield them from a loss.

And whether you’re renting a home or an apartment, a renters’ insurance policy will protect you, especially if you live in a building where fires, theft, and water-related incidents happen frequently.

So, make the right decision and ensure your belongings have the right protection in place.

Get an online quote by reaching out to Crescenta Valley Insurance and get the peace of mind you’ve been looking for.