Skip to content

Auto Insurance

from Crescenta Valley Insurance

Auto Insurance

If you live in California or anywhere in the United States, you wouldn’t want to be driving without the right auto insurance coverage. If you get involved in an accident and your vehicle is damaged or destroyed, you want to be ready in case you face substantial, unexpected expenses.

California State Requirements

All drivers in California and the rest of the United States are required to have some form of insurance coverage. In particular, California drivers are required to have the following minimum auto insurance coverages:

  • Bodily injury liability coverage: $15,000 per person or $30,000 minimum per accident
  • Property damage liability coverage: $5,000 minimum
  • Uninsured motorist bodily injury coverage: $15,000 per person or $30,000 minimum per accident

Bodily injury coverage encompasses all costs related to car accident injuries (except for property damage). This also includes any psychological and emotional distress experienced by the injured people in relation to the accident.

Since California is a tort-based or at-fault state, any liability insurance you hold is intended to cover the costs incurred by other parties who are injured and incur property damage because of you.

This means you are not protected at all, so you can become financially exposed if your car is damaged and you are injured in an accident where you are deemed at fault.

You also need to remember that the level of protection you’ll receive from your auto insurance depends solely on what is stated in your policy. Once your minimum policy limit is exhausted; you will have to shell out money to shoulder all accident-related costs, including that of the injured parties and your own expenses.

Going Above and Beyond the Minimum

By going by the state’s minimum insurance requirements, you remain unprepared for scenarios where damages and injuries are substantial, you get seriously hurt, and you are the at-fault driver.

If you want to have more coverage to protect yourself, your loved ones, and any important items in your vehicle in the event of a serious vehicular crash, there are other types of insurance you may consider getting, such as comprehensive car insurance, collision car insurance, and Med Pay.

To know more about complementary insurance products to add to your current auto insurance, please reach out to us at Crescenta Valley Insurance.

We’ll be more than happy to help you identify the best auto insurance product that best fits your lifestyle.